Armour from Ostolopovskoe settlement. X-XII A.D.
Volga Bulgaria / Khazaria / modern Tatarstan
One from a line of armours made of embossed scales. Balyk Sook, Birka, Novgorod, other archeological finds present such scales in a hefty quantity. The role of such embossings was to afford more rigidness for scales and to protect the leather laces. Also we can’t eliminate the decorative function of the bosses.
- All armour may be produced in mild steel OR spring steel 0,8mm hardened and tempered. You can choose spring steel in options. Hardened spring steel 65G is nearly twice harder than the same mild steel. So using 0.6 mm means 1.2 in mild steel / 0.8 mm means using about 1.6 mm.
- All armour is by default cleabed by free jet blast & covered by laquer. If you want we may clean every scale by hands. But remember that nothing protects scales forever. Take care about your armour. Use Ballistol oil earlier than rust starts using your time.
- Every new armour shipped from us has repair kit which includes leather (pieces / laces), 10-15 scales, rivets optionaly.
- We remind you why we do not sell stock armour – reason is that protection must sit comfortably and fit your body. We make custom armours and kindly ask you to measure yourself honestly, your comfort and protection depend on this.
- Please choose the correct size while making order.
- Except the waist some more parametres are still important for us and we’ll discuss them in private. You can also write in advance your chest circumference and how tall you are.
- ALL MEASUREMENTS MUST BE TAKEN WITH YOUR UNDERARMOUR GARMENT ON (gambeson/caftan/etc.) !!!
SHOP INFORMATION OR SELLER
We take instalment payments if the total amount is too big for you.
We take paymets via We take paymets via Wise (Transferwise) / bank transfer / Payoneer / Western Union / PayPal.
We ship by EMS or Ordinary registered mail.
Feel free ro contact us on Facebook
|Sort of steel||